TFC Defender Leads MLS Black Players Coalition

Justin Morrow from the Toronto Football Club is taking a leadership position in Major League Soccer. This MLS Defender now stands as the Black Players Coalition Executive Director. Created over the last thirty days, African American & European punters in Major League Soccer held a private meeting to address racial inequality. Their working towards an increase presence of Black Athletes in Major League Soccer, with an average 70% of punters being of European Caucasian Decent. The Black Players Coalition believes that employed athletes should be racially indifferent, meaning 33.33% would be Caucasian. The remaining 66.66% would combine African & Latin descendant players employed by Major League Soccer. This shows that BPC is focusing on genuine equality for all nationalities worldwide, not just African descendants.

After being announced that Justin Morrow is taking the role of Executive Director for the Black Players Coalition, multiple news outlets requested the TFC Defender to make a formal statement. Morrow first noted that the last month has been beautifully maddening, with African Descendant Players in MLS working continuously to create the Black Players Coalition.

Nobody would’ve stopped the advancement on this MLS Sub-Group, with protests & riots being held worldwide for the Black Lives Matter Movement. These actions against racial inequality came after George Floyd was murdered by Minneapolis Law Enforcement. Justin Morrow noted that his death prompted these discussions amongst African Descendant Players. It’d be clarified that most were angered by his murder, amongst the other deaths to African Americans that followed before & after George Floyd.

Why Justin Morrow was Selected

Morrow clarified that seventy African Descendant Players in Major League Soccer attended a Zoom Videoconference. The conversations were heated & passionate, with dozens of punters expressing their pain towards this situation. Morrow clarified that this anger doesn’t solve any issues, which prompted him to turn the course on the conversation towards solutions with Major League Soccer’s involvement. It’s this action that saw those seventy players select Justin Morrow for Executive Director after their emotions had settled. Morrow wasn’t thinking about his present feelings but more for the future of African Descendants in professional soccer. It’s not known what the Black Players Coalition will first set out to accomplish, with details on their plans being kept private by Justin Morrow & other leading figures in this MLS Sub-Group.